Summit to Sea Skitouring in Lyngen
A skitouring proposition in the heart of the Lyngen pensinsula. Find yourself between the deep blue Atlantic Ocean below and the bright white snow of the Lyngen Alps above.
This skitouring trip is designed to last 9 days in Norway and to provide a unique and unforgettable experience.
Where? The mountains on the Lyngen peninsula are a two hour drive from Tromso, just past the Artic Circle line, offer skiers an infinite variety of ascents and descents in the mountains. The untouched nature of the area is incredible, making the mountain landscapes truly unforgettable. This area of Norway is considered most interesting with regards to skitouring, especially in the springtime when daylight is abundant.
Why the Lyngen Alps? Right away upon arrival you will be submersed in a land full of breath-taking natural beauty and your senses will come alive. The Lyngen Alps and Norway are rich in beautiful landscapes and there is no better place to live an adventure and to improve your skitouring skills. Thanks to the vastness of the area, we basically have an unlimited choice of daily outings or even a multi-day trip.
What kind of skiing? The daily outings generally involve departing close to sea-level and reaching roughly 1000 to 1500 meters of altitude. The type of outings are of an intermediate-level difficulty as we will be skiing canals, peaks, ridges and rather steep mountain faces. The terrain we will be skiing is similar to the Alps.
With who? You will live this incredible adventure with the accompaniment of Matteo Calcamuggi, an official UIAGM Mountain Guide and ski/telemark instructor with over a decade of experience, who will always be accessible and available during the trip for advice, corrections and ski tips both in ascent and descent to facilitate technical improvements on skis, all with the goal of maximizing your enjoyment.
Importance of Safety: During the trip, there will be discussions and explanations on how to choose and plan an itinerary for following days, how to recognize and avoid risks and danger, how to use a transceiver along with the shovel and the probe in avalanche safety, how to use an airbag and other safety tools and precautions you may not know already regarding winter landscapes and sports. These discussions will make for an even more unique and interesting journey.
Like taking photos? Great! Your guide is also passionate about DSLR photography and has some valuable tricks up his sleeve on improving photography skills in winter terrain as well.
Need more convincing? 8 reasons to pack your bags and come with us
- Our program is structured for the optimization of both the ski and trip experience for each and every participant. The program involves moving around and finding the best conditions of the snow and weather. We have studied this zone of Norway and will use our position to strategically plan each and every day.
- Alongside, you will have a legitimate professional of all things mountainous and snowy with over ten years of experience who will know when and how to give suggestions, advice and help in various situations.
- We have the knowledge of most of places you will be exploring thanks to our past experience in the Lyngen Alps, and knowledge of how to get the most out of the snow and weather conditions.
- We know what skiers need and want, whether in ski touring or freeride. The best lines come with experience and know-how.
- This trip is not a fruit of improvisation; it is the fruit of years of development and dedication.
- We know how to guarantee a fun and exciting trip, not only involving skis but also culture and nature.
- Our objective is to go above and beyond for the people who decide to share this adventure with us.
- This tour is not like anything else. Our offer is really based on the inspiration we got from being in these mountains and we would be very pleased to share the amazing experience with you.
Accomodation: We will be staying around Lyngseidet in a typical Norwegian house. This location allows for the most access to the outings we will be doing with a quick car or boat ride. The house where we will be staying on the seashore in a beautiful spot, sort-of on a peninsula which heads toward the central part of the fjord. It will be rented to us. We will cook our own meals as this is the most convenient and cost-effective method.
When? The trip lasts 8 days. The first group will leave on the 13th of April and return on the 21st, and the second group will depart on the 20 of April and return on the 28th.
Why in this time period? The month of April in the past has proven to have the most stable weather and snow conditions. The spring sun allows for long days and possibly even two outings per day, going back home at ten PM.
Skiing difficulty level: The outings are made for good skiers with a good control of the skis. The trip is also open to Splitboarders and Telemarkers. We will be doing vertical climb of 750 to 1500 meters per day. Transportation: We will be renting a vehicle to bring us to our departure points, sometimes also using the ferry boats.
Cost* for a minimum of 4 people:
Group 1: 1450 euros PLUS the flight.
Group 2: 1550 euros PLUS the flight.
The planning of this trip was done in collaboration with the travel agency Snow&Feelings.
*The cost is subject to slight change upon booking, so to be confirmed.
The price includes:
-Assistance and accompaniment of mountain guide, who is also ski and telemark instructor
-7 nights of renting the house
-Common-use alpinism material
-Transceiver, shovel, probe for who may not have one
The price does not include:
-Flight to and from Oslo and the ski transportation
-Gas and tolls
-Food and drinks
-Rental of equipment
-Everything not specifically mentioned in the price.
Note: In the case of modifications to the itinerary due to uncontrollable circumstances regarding the organization such as bad weather or insufficient skiing capabilities of participants, extra costs will have to be covered by the participants.